Tis’ the season of giving! In our small community, it’s so important to support each other! Have you thought about how you’re going to give back this holiday season? Your gift doesn’t necessarily have to be monetary, the gift of volunteering your time is always appreciated! Here’s some ideas!
- Make a donation to our local Buddy Pack Program. The Buddy Pack Program is designed to get nutritious food to children who rely on free or reduced-price lunches during the school year. In many cases, children report that this is the only food they have when they are not at school. A $180 gift provides a Buddy Pack food for a child every weekend during the school year. Donate Here: Buddy Packs
- Donate gently used coats, gloves and hats to the Moniteau County Christian Ministries Center.
- Toys for Tots is also requesting donations for the holiday season. The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens.
- If you’re an animal lover, our local cat rescuer, Teresa Porter is always looking for kitty litter, towels and cat toys – and also monetary donations to help fund her project.
- Visit the nursing homes in town and bring Christmas cards to the residents!
- Project share is also in need of volunteers to assist with their food bank!
The list does not stop there, visit or call City Hall to discover more ways to donate and offer your time!
Enjoy this holiday season!
Kindness is like snow, it beautifies everything it touches. -Kahlil Gibran